Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dyslexic Students in Kansas Start to Get More Help

Dear Ms. Phillips:

Today I read your article and viewed the video which was done on your mission work for those with the Gift of Dyslexia.
Link:
http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=12121041

Bookshare.org and ReadPlease have changed my life, with each of the programs I excel in enriching my life, family, marriage and my place of work. There is nothing in the written word which stands in the way except for my own effort to read something which is placed in my hands.

Recently, the Bradenton Herald at Bradenton.com has provided a link to download ReadPlease (Free software) as a way to read their articles. Bookshare.org has already done so much to make textbooks available to those with qualifying disabilities, it has put me a non-student member, for the first time on the edge of my reading chair. It is my goal as it is yours to not stop telling the world what a great learning environment teaching dyslexics creates for all who want to learn.

An example is the text-to-speech software Read:OutLoud provides to read their digitized books, if I come to a person place or thing which I don't know, all I have to do is highlight it with the cursor and click the dictionary icon and discover who, where or what the once unknown word was.. Imagine this in the hands of a student today whether they are Gifted with Dyslexia or not. What a powerful tool, it is when it is in the hands or mind of an excited student.

Keep up the great mission, and check out my blog with Youtube demos of the above mentioned, on the World wide web at mygiftofdyslexia.blogspot.com

Sincerely,
Davis W. Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment